Kim Chiu’s perfect comic timing deserved a much better partner and story.
My notes on Bakit Hindi Ka Crush ng Crush Mo?:
1. Why did Xian Lim deliver his lines like he wanted me to open a BDO account?
2. Kim Chiu was so charming even if she was dressed like a crazy K-Pop character made to do the silliest things.
3. “Did you liked what you saw?” Ohmy, I almost cringed to death.
4. To be honest, this material would have been perfect for Kimerald. The kilig factor was really missing.
5. They went from the Crimson Hotel to the HSBC Northgate parking lot. Geographical innacuracy only a Southerner would know.
6. I wonder what corporate office allowed that kind of red short shorts to work & what they would allow on casual Fridays.
7. I missed the old Joyce Bernal rom-coms that put her experience as an editor to great use.
8. Ramon Bautista kept giving relationship advice that probably worked better in a book. Wait, this was based on his book. Buy the book instead.
(Originally published August 3, 2013.)