My notes on Basement:
1. Why were some of the actors not using their own voices? And why were they overacting like there’s no tomorrow?
2. The movie could easily be summed up as “a bunch of morons trapped in a mall with an aswang”. Are you laughing already?
3. The performances here were horrible. Everyone wanted to be the worst actor and they all won. Special credit to Sarah Lahbati and Teejay Marquez.
4. I simply lost it when the lower half of the manananggal wearing black Soen panties started prancing around.
5. One character had a handful of salt and ran after Ms. Soen. By the time she caught up with it, the salt was gone. It… melted?!
6. The lead character challenged the manananggal to a duel and brought out a… fire extinguisher!! Whee!
7. The only thing scary here was that I paid Php180 for this crap. What a waste!
Don’t expect hugs from a scared date. She’ll probably slap you instead for making her watch this.
(Originally published February 15, 2014.)