My notes on Non-Stop:
1. It’s interesting how Liam Neeson has taken the Jodie Foster route of starting as a serious dramatic actor then moving on to commercial thrillers. Not that there’s anything wrong with it. He brings a certain amount of depth in these generic thrillers that make them watchable. (Oh, I guess this is his Flightplan.)
2. I love Lupita Nyong’o and I haven’t even seen 12 Years a Slave. It’s too bad we don’t get to see her do much in this one. She rocked that flight attendant outfit, though. Always a fashion royalty.
3. Forget the plot and suspend your disbelief. Too much analysis and critical thinking will spoil your enjoyment of the movie.
4. I love Julianne Moore but she was so annoying here. Wait, her character’s supposed to be annoying? What a brilliant actress!! (Die-hard fan.)
5. Too many red herrings almost spoiled this stew. It was still fun to play the guessing game, though.
6. There was this money shot of Neeson in full action hero mode (you’ll know it when you see it) that made people cheer in their seats. Cheesy fun, I tell you.
7. I couldn’t breathe during the last few minutes of the movie that I grabbed tightly on my inhaler. I also gasped loudly in one heart-pounding scene (again, you’ll know it when you see it). Yes, I’m dramatic like that.
8. I’m sure this won’t be shown in any of your international flights any time soon.
(Originally published March 1, 2014.)