My notes on Police Story 2013:
1. Wait, I thought Jackie Chan had retired and his last movie was Chinese Zodiac? Well, I guess not.
2. You watch a Chan movie for the stunts and you never ever get disappointed. He’s in his late 50’s and he still kicks ass (literally).
3. The movie was probably meant to be seen in 3D with all the broken shards and shrapnel and wood shavings flying towards the audience.
4. Jackie Chan does drama! And he’s actually good in his crying scenes. Several girls seated next to me had to reach out for their hankies.
5. The plot was preposterous to say the least with a character going to all lengths for what turned out to be a simple misunderstanding. (Don’t worry, a plotless movie cannot be spoiled.)
6. Stay for the end credits. One scene showed Chan’s dedication to his work. I hope he never retires.
(Originally published January 28, 2014.)