My notes on Haunter:
1. Imagine waking up every morning doing the exact same routine every single day. Except that you’re in limbo. Hey, sounds like my life.
2. Interesting concept of Groundhog Day meets The Others, but couldn’t sustain the scares until the end.
3. I couldn’t believe how much Abigail Breslin had grown. She would always be that perky kid that did a strip dance as her beauty pageant talent in the adorable Little Miss Sunshine.
4. I really liked the fact that you’re getting scared along with the ghost that was getting scared of ghosts. (Still there?)
5. As with all smart concepts, this one just had too many things going on and couldn’t address all loopholes.
6. Not a bad way to spend a lazy afternoon. Don’t raise your expectations, though.
(Originally published February 9, 2014.)