My notes on 47 Ronin:
1. Ohmy, they speak English in feudal Japan. I think I’ll enjoy this movie. Ugh!
2. Wait, isn’t this the sensei of Emily Thorne? Is she also one of the ronins? That would be so cool!
3. I want the Lady Gaga-inspired outfit that the old man wore when he committed seppuku. It’s perfect for the Golden Globes tomorrow.
4. I loved the part where Keanu Reeves started singing, “Langit kaaaa, lupa akoooo…”
5. One character is named Oishi. My tongue started craving for those delicious salty shrimp crackers.
6. A man gets thrown in a deep pit and one year later he still looks healthy. What multivitamins do these samurais take? I want ’em.
7. A version of the the Sanduguan using blood fingerprints to sign a contract. I wish they focused more on this band of brothers.
8. The theater actor with the funny white mask looks like Ketchup Eusebio. Watch the movie and tell me I’m wrong.
9. “I will search for you through one thousand worlds and ten thousand lifetimes until I find you.” Eek! It just gave me heartburn.
(Originally published January 13, 2014.)