My notes on American Hustle:
1. If you hate character-driven films filled with constant babbling and highstrung emotions, don’t watch American Hustle. You’ll get bored.
2. David O. Russell handled his actors really well here. They portrayed despicable beings but I wanted to hang out with them.
3. Amy Adams was the best thing in this movie. And it didn’t hurt that she looked really hot during the entire thing. Give her an Oscar please.
4. Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Lawrence & Jeremy Renner were excellent. Made me forget the awful taste of Silver Linings Playbook.
5. Amy Adams’ cleavage should be in a Best Supporting (Unsupported?) category of its own.
6. I loved the songs used in the movie. The Delilah sing-along was great but J.Law’s Live and Let Die scene alone merited another Oscar nod.
7. You have to admire Bale and his method acting. That tummy made me want to hit the gym. I wonder if he shaved his head for the comb-over.
8. I’ve never been this entertained by a Russell movie since Three Kings.
(Originally published February 7, 2014.)