My notes on If I Stay:
1. Chloe Grace Moretz is so much better than this movie. Can we say that an actress is actually overqualified for a role?
2. Mireille Enos is so much better than this movie. Can we say that an actress is actually underutilized in a movie? Watch the first season of The Killing instead.
3. The guy who played opposite Chloe was such a bad actor that I didn’t even bother to Google his name.
4. The premise of this film reminded me a bit of The Lovely Bones. I hated that film adaptation because I really loved the book. Should I bother reading this one?
5. Everyone knows that I’m a cryer. I cry even when there’s no reason to cry. I did not cry one bit in this one. Maybe The Fault in Our Stars desensitized me already. All the girls in the theater were sobbing their eyes out, though.
6. The soggy, cheesy, diabetes-inducing love story almost made my eyes roll out of their sockets.
She gets her hand stung by a bee and he sucks the stinger out in front of her parents. This is a young girl’s fantasy? Eww.
7. If you force your boyfriend to watch this chick flick, don’t be surprised if you’re single after.
8. It was so bad that it reached a point where I was wishing she’d just die already. I’m going straight to hell.
(Originally published August 29, 2014.)