My notes on Halik sa Hangin:
1. The movie opened with a surprise party that must have been designed to give bit roles to lesser-known Star Magic talents and PBB teen stars. How these kids were able to rent/decorate/reach such place would be one of the movie’s biggest mysteries.
2. The LGBT community should thank Star Cinema for always supporting these gay actors playing straight roles. I suddenly remembered this network war joke that GMA actors were straight guys playing gay roles and ABS actors were the exact opposite.
3. I was happy to see the return of Ina Raymundo. And then I felt bad for her for being part of this movie.
4. Speaking of gay actors playing straight roles, I think this was John Lapus’ best role to date. He was great as Julia Montes’ father and even played the guitar really well. Good for him!
5. Heard during a Full Moon party scene:
“Yeah party! Whoo ang saya!!”
Seriously, would self-respecting partygoer will say this?
6. Julia to Gerald Anderson: “Ang lamig mo.” His response: “Hindi mainit ka lang.”
Another reason why we should never have a Pinoy Twilight remake.
7. Gerald: “You’re MTB.”
Julia: “Meant to be?”
Gerald: “Meant to break…my heart.”
Koya, eh di MTBMH na yan!!
8. Julia looked really good onscreen. She reminded me a bit of MJ Lastimosa and I kept wondering if she had veneers. Her collaborations with director Emmanuel Palo had all been disastrous. It’s time for a new director. Or probably just better material?
9. In one scene, our heroine arrived using a Vespa. In the next scene, she was shown walking home. It’s The Case of the Disappearing Vespa.
10. Here’s the best line of the movie:
“You made me fall in love with you. You’re so unfair. Shit ka! Hindi ka buhay. Patay ka na! Patay ka na! Anong gusto mo gawin ko tumawid sa kabilang buhay para makasama ka?”
And that kids is why you shouldn’t do drugs.
(Originally published February 1, 2015.)